Website Massachusetts General Hospital
Reports to and functions under the general supervision of the Unit Operations Manager and Technical Manager. Operates ultrasound equipment and performs all diagnostic examinations per protocols. Understands and applies ultrasound technology for patient care; maintains pertinent records.
- Selects appropriate transducer depending upon area of interest and depth of field.
- Positions patient for optimal results as required per exam.
- Reschedules exams, as necessary, due to poor prep, etc.
- Reviews patient history and other supporting clinical data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Explains procedures to patients to assure cooperation and understanding of exam.
- Ability to provide compassionate care to patients.
- Ability to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to lift over 5 lbs and has knowledge of and practices proper body mechanics-ergonomics.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of patients of all age groups. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit.
- Knowledge of ultrasound imaging and ultrasound equipment.
- Knowledge of universal precautions.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 – 5 years ultrasound experience but new graduates are considered
- Successful completion of a DMS program
- Completion of clinical experience
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chelsea, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A