This job contributes to Starbucks success by ensuring product quality information is provided to all necessary parties, samples are maintained, and raw materials have complete traceability to the finished product. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in the maintenance and development of plant quality programs in support of HACCP. Provides training and education of quality-based programs to manufacturing partners.
- Maintains product quality through adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Assessment and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines, product specifications and quality procedures by monitoring and documenting compliance to quality parameters.
- Evaluates condition of the manufacturing facility and warehouse space to ensure compliance to regulatory and HACCP requirements. Audits programs in support of quality objectives.
- Responsible for the management and/or implementation of food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment. Follows safety regulations. Participates in process improvement activities. Meets performance schedules.
- Evaluates and documents quality of finished goods and raw materials. Reports quality conditions as needed.
- Ability to read, write and understand polices, guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Mechanical/Technical Aptitude to troubleshoot minor equipment failures and make minor adjustments
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Analytical skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (21 CFR 117) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Experience with BRC or SQF certification schemes.
- Operation of manual and automated analytical equipment (1 year)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment with familiarity of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards (1 year)
- Scientific method and report writing (1 year)
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Basic skills in Microsoft Windows and internet applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kent, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A