Website Georgia Pacific
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Process Control Leader to join our team in Monticello, MS (Containerboard). The Process Control Leader will supervise a team of experience Process Control Engineers and also develop entry level engineers and interns. This position supports both DCS and PLC systems throughout the mill, and will be responsible for designing and implementing control improvements while working with others to maintain and troubleshoot the mill’s control systems. We are looking for an individual who will assist with the development of process control systems that will allow Monticello to advance its current process systems to new levels of technology while working toward implementing “Factory of the Future” goals. The Process Control Leader will be able to bring his or her experience and knowledge to the role that will allow the successful individual to help build a Monticello control strategy that will promote continuous improvement and be a champion of technologies that will be used to take Monticello to the next level in process control. The Process Control Team works across production areas to support to multiple projects in all areas of the plant as needed. As Projects are implemented, this role will share responsibility for working with outside engineering resources to research and answer technical issues ensuring successful, on-schedule projects.
- Partner with corporate teams to implement new technologies that are consistent with “Factory of the Future” advancements. Responsible for leading process control engineering team that will design and implement advance process control systems at Monticello.
- Provide project management leadership and support for projects that are managed locally or in partnership with corporate teams. Support of the mill safety program both personally and through observation.
- Work closely with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Advance our MBM® culture and develop team to successfully advance business priorities.
- Act as a resource to engineering with assistance in installing new process control systems.
- Design, implement, and support hardware and software systems for mill process equipment i.e. Emerson DeltaV, AB PLC’s, GE PLC’s, HMI’s, Honeywell QCS, Honeywell APC’s, etc.
- Experience in supporting process control systems in a Pulp and Paper mill is a plus
- Experience with network technology is a plus
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience mentoring and developing interns
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in designing, configuring, programming, troubleshooting distributed control, PLCs, HMI’s, APC’s and/or SCADA systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written, presentation capability, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years of Process Control Engineering experience.
Company: Georgia Pacific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Monticello, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A