Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- As an Electronics Engineer IV for the Instrument Electronics Support Engineering Group, you will be working for JPL’s Instrument Electronics and Software Section. This position will provide an experienced Electronics Engineer a larger leadership role with a focus on design and delivery of Electronic Ground Support Systems (EGSE) and Instrument Testbeds.
- JPL’s Instrument Electronics Support Engineering Group provides end-to-end development of instrument electronics in parts evaluation and procurement, manufacturing, testing support, and development of EGSE hardware. The Group maintains expertise in cutting-edge technologies over a wide variety of fields.
- Generating board assembly and build instructions, test plans and procedures, and test instructions.
- Conduct testing of prototypes, engineering, and flight electronics boards.
- Serve as an essential team member to interact with teams inside or outside organization, projects and activities
- Electronics Ground Support Equipment
- Assist with leading the manufacturing of electronics board assemblies and cabling in-house or outside vendors.
- Electronics Testbed Activities
- Responsible to lead Avionics Integration and test
- Prior experience with other major flight projects.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and familiarity with manufacturing tools.
- Familiarity with Mission Assurance requirements, work orders, contract management, manufacturing and fabrication process within JPL for flight assemblies, electronics board layout, and JPL tools including (but not limited to) IBT, EPDM, QARS, IBAT.
- Understanding of electronics circuit design and test.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasks across multiple subject areas.
- Ability to generate test plans and test procedures, conduct the required tests and generate test results.
Qualification & Experience:
- Analyzing test results and generate test reports.
- Experience performing electronics testing and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical subject area with typically a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar subject areas with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Ability to keep tasks on cost and schedule.
- Experience working with Altium to review or modify drawings.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A