To help us continue on our mission, we are seeking a director, emerging technology to join the Starbucks Technology leadership team. In this role, you will lead the innovation agenda for Starbucks Technology and be an essential part of its strategic transformation. You will support and scale your team, who will be the go-to experts on key technology trends like machine learning, artificial intelligence, IoT, 5G, and more—and help turn them into industry-leading reality at Starbucks scale.
We expect you to be passionate, to regularly challenge the status quo, and lead by our Starbucks mission and values. You will have a relentless pursuit of excellence and exemplify leadership in the innovation space. You must be a courageous leader who can lead through behavioral and structural transformation. Additionally, your commitment to community is imperative—it’s part of our company DNA.
- Provide hands-on, operational leadership and inspiration
- Lead and scale a high-functioning, passionate team of engineers and product managers
- Strategically collaborate and support cross-functional teams to identify key new problem spaces and opportunities
- Coach, develop and inspire our next generation of innovation leadership
- Demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and forge trusting, open, and productive working relationships throughout the organization and external to Starbucks
- Inspire and educate our most senior leaders of what is possible in defining the next 50 years of Starbucks
- Establish and infuse and innovation driven mindset across all technology teams at Starbucks
- Globally position Starbucks as a global innovation leader through your contributions, of disrupting traditional retail and digital experiences
- Build relationships and influences inside and outside the stores—with focus on community
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to apply multidisciplinary knowledge and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Strong interpersonal skills, building an effective network of relationships inside and outside Starbucks.
- 10+ years of leading cross-disciplinary product and engineering teams
- B2B/B2C experience, with a demonstrated understanding of both Retail and Quick Serve Restaurant (QSR) businesses
- 15+ years of experience in technology-focused organizations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, as an advocate for technology solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to design pragmatic solutions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated experience of partnership with industry leading technology companies and start-ups
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A