Website State Farm
State Farm is offering a rare opportunity to join a high performing, Fortune 50 in-house legal team that provides legal counsel to a variety of business clients across the enterprise. Our Law Department employees are challenged, committed and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It is part of who we are and have been since 1922.
- Collection – Gathering information for further use.
- Review – Evaluating information for relevance and privilege.
- Preservation – Ensuring that information is appropriately preserved as required by litigation and regulatory needs.
- Identification – Locating potential sources of information.
- Analysis – Evaluating information for content and context, including key patterns, topics, people and discussion.
- Processing – Effectively managing large volumes of information for review and analysis.
- Governance – Discussions and decisions regarding potential risks and/or benefits arising from technology adoption, retention, and eventual disposition.
- Prepare to defend depositions of corporate representatives regarding electronic discovery and records management issues
- Educate clients’ outside counsel, witnesses, and third-party service providers on discovery processes
- Prepare and execute discovery strategies
- Respond to written discovery requests (interrogatories, document requests, and requests for admission) in state and federal litigation
- Prepare and execute ESI protocols, document review protocols and other eDiscovery work flow documentation
- Design, document, and execute litigation discovery management processes and procedures
- Advise clients regarding preservation issues
- Advise on meet and confer sessions
Qualification & Experience:
- Perform risk, efficiency, and cost assessments of eDiscovery processes, technologies, and service providers
- Develop and execute approaches to technology assisted review tools in litigation and investigation response
- Conduct quality control tests and audits to assess and test preservation and discovery compliance issues
- Help identify, select, and prepare expert witnesses to testify regarding preservation and discovery compliance issues
- Identify, select, and manage outside vendors for various eDiscovery services
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloomington, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A