Website US Foods
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the administration of daily outbound shipments to customers and other distribution centers within the organization. Must ensure a safe and secure working environment and operate in a profitable manner.
- Anticipates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems with deliveries and devises cost-effective and legal solutions; and acts to implement same.
- Interprets state and federal regulations. Ensure optimum delivery reliability to the customer by developing efficient and effective production flow processes and identifying process improvement and cost reduction strategies that are in line with business objectives. Participates in strategic planning by identifying short and long term strategies for transportation.
- Counsels, consults, communicates, instructs and monitors direct-reporting employees in acceptable practices and department and Company policies and procedures.
- Monitors production goals and maintains a zero error attitude to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Manages inventory losses by identifying any inconsistencies, determining their causes and implementing appropriate changes to ensure division loss is kept to a minimum.
- Analyze daily performance measures; identify any weaknesses, and recommend changes to the VP of Operations to ensure that division/company productivity objectives are achieved.
- Union facilities only: In conjunction with HR/VP Operations, interprets the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement to include administering appropriate discipline, settle routine grievances and participates in arbitrations as required
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Computer skills, inventory control, supervisory/leadership skills, familiarity with OSHA, DOT, and other regulatory requirements. Ability to openly and effectively communicate with all associates/departments within the company. Ability to handle day-to-day operations
Qualification & Experience:
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED required, 4 year college degree preferred.
- Related Experience: A minimum of five years in transportation/delivery in a supervisory role.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A