Website Massachusetts General Hospital
Responsible for a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of assigned unit and to support fellow USAs in doing so. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to: coaching and mentoring fellow USAs, assisting to facilitate patient throughput, supporting hospital strategic initiatives, providing customer service, and daily maintenance of unit supplies and equipment.
Maintains a clean and orderly appearance of unit, as assigned. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: cleaning unit-based equipment, furniture, floors, walls, bathrooms, med rooms/alcoves, nourishment stations, utility rooms, sleep rooms, conference rooms, staff and visitor lounges; replacing cubicle curtains, emptying linen hampers, defrosting refrigerators, preparing and disposing of hazardous waste boxes.
- Enhances the patient experience through excellent customer service.
- In addition to patient rooms, manages cleanliness of all ancillary spaces on the unit, including but not limited to items listed in section 1.
- Manages supply inventory on unit as assigned, which can include bedside medical supplies, linen, and personal toiletries.
- Transports supplies, equipment, beds, specimens, patient valuables, carts, patients. Performs other errands as assigned.
- Manages daily cleaning of occupied patient rooms as assigned.
- Manages discharge cleaning of patient rooms as assigned.
- Participates and remains active in hospital communications, e.g. email, pagers, learning assignments, paper alerts, and schedules.
- Completes annual retraining requirements and remains compliant with annual screenings and vaccinations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In collaboration with manager, identifies and meets learning needs.
- Assesses patient rooms for readiness for admission, e.g. equipment, damage, deferred maintenance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Successful completion of initial on-the-job orientation and training, as well as retraining requirements.
- Ability to lift items weighing approximately 30 pounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to push, pull and move items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Basic computer skills.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A