Website Massachusetts General Hospital
The Primary Care Staff Nurse in Ambulatory Nursing is a Registered Nurse who is responsible for assuring competent, compassionate, individualized, nursing care for patients and families, including delegation to and supervision of non-professional clinical and support staff. She/he collaborates with all members of the care team to ensure that patient care is coordinated, comprehensive, and that care transitions are seamless. She/he collaborates and actively engages with the care team and practice leadership to identify opportunities and solutions to improve quality, patient access and cost savings.
- Provides health education to facilitate patient treatment plan.
- Respects and supports patient and family’s cultural beliefs and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
- Creates a therapeutic relationship with patient and family.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team to ensure coordination of care.
- Utilizing a variety of telecommunications technologies, the nurse assesses, triages, provides nursing consultation, and performs follow-up and surveillance of patient status and outcomes
- Provides competent, compassionate patient-and-family-centered evidence –based nursing care utilizing the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork, and collaboration.
- Documents, in a timely manner, nursing assessment, interventions, plan and outcome in the patient record.
- Integrates knowledge of each patient’s history and unique circumstances with their knowledge of chronic disease management to provide longitudinal care to a panel of patients.
- Actively empowers patient and family to effectively manage their health care and navigate the health care system.
- Utilizing their assessment, critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment, the nurse expedites appropriate care and treatment of the patient
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Proficiency in wound care, venopuncture, IV therapy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BLS Certification
- Computer literacy in Word, Power Point, and Excel preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred ; new graduates must have a BSN degree
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus
- Previous experience in Ambulatory or Primary Care, with Medical Homes, and the impact of Accountable Care Organizations and the changing health care climate preferred at least 2 years
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chelsea, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A