Website Massachusetts General Hospital
The staff nurse is a registered nurse who is responsible for assuring competent, compassionate, individualized, nursing care for specific patients and families, including delegation to and supervision of non-professional and support staff. The staff nurse is responsible and accountable for the overall nursing care management of a designated group of patients. She/he collaborates with the Nurse Manager and members of the pediatric team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. She/he also collaborates with the patient toward efficient and effective personnel and unit management.
- Provides and maintains a therapeutic environment for patients and families.
- Provides care appropriate to the following age group of patients
- Provides competent, compassionate patient-and-family-centered evidence- based nursing care utilizing the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork, and collaboration.
- Provides leadership in the practice to ensure safe, efficient and cost effective care.
- Identifies opportunities, and solutions, to ensure a safe, efficient and cost effective practice environment.
- Participates in quality and safety initiatives.
- Precepts and mentors new members of the team.
- Participates in departmental and organizational committees and initiatives
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team to ensure coordination of care.
- Reviews and follow-ups with patients, and members of the health care team, that patients are current with all necessary tests, screenings and follow-up care.
- Tracks and follows up with care team and patient on all critical referrals and test results.
- In collaboration with the health care team, evaluates effectiveness of care and interventions for assigned groups of patients .
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. New graduates must have a BSN degree.
- Previous experience in Ambulatory or Primary Care preferred
- Current Licenses as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chelsea, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A