This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading the development of Starbucks Rewards loyalty and personalized marketing program -related marketing opportunities. Develops strategic assessments for program, and manages the program performance against operating plans and budgets to achieve Starbucks financial and business objectives.
Personalized Marketing via the Starbucks Rewards program is key to building long term, relevant relationships with our loyalty members. We are seeking a Product Manager of Loyalty & Personalized Marketing to continue to deepen our ability to deliver relevant, personalized marketing at every customer touch point with special emphasis on the multi-channel digital space. We are looking for someone with a strong business background and experience in direct marketing: a strategic, analytical leader and thought partner that can also work effectively within Starbucks on the business and technology necessary to enable these programs. We also want you to be able to partner with external experts and consultancies, all focused on amplifying our customer loyalty and personalization efforts.
- Develops and manages program-related business plans. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets. Makes recommendations regarding program objectives and strategy, as well as channel/offer strategy and positioning, . May provide information and direction for planning, and forecasting.
- Supports qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and recommended actions (e.g. develops pro forma models and runs sensitivities).
- Merges trends and other primary and secondary forms of research with fact based business insights to arrive at sound strategic recommendations. Uses data to tell a logical story.
- Manages project teams and timelines to deliver programs and stand up new channels. Provides input into the strategic plan for program(s) they manage.
- Evaluates information and identifies issues that require team resolution and escalation.
- Works cross functionally and within the loyalty team to grow spend, build the program and achieve financial objectives.
- Manages the program business against operating plans and budgets. Tracks, analyzes and communicates program performance vs. expectations. Provides meaningful insight and recommends action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan.
- Manages cross functional team to deliver integrated launch programs, including program direction, marketing plans and store operations and supply chain requirements. Communicates program direction to internal and external partners.
- Develops, manages, and tracks marketing budgets, timelines, and processes from kickoff to execution. Establishes and maintains processes to ensure effective and timely development and execution of programs within defined budget constraints.
- Provides input to consumer positioning, creative brief development, and supports all-agency creative briefing. Evaluates creative concepts and effectively provides creative feedback to internal and external agencies.
- Identifies and quantifies specific product drivers in support of marketing calendar strategies.
- Develops and manages multi-channel, integrated marketing plans for promotions, brand initiatives, or product.
- Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets.
- Creates and/or provides input to recommendations regarding marketing plan objectives, strategy, messaging, marketing mix, and tactics.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to synthesize information and clearly identify next steps.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to influencing others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Ability to build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group. Recognizes the importance of solid relationships.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity and strong problem solving abilities. Ability to resolve issues or debates independently in most situations.
- May require ability to work cross-culturally.
- Strong understanding of digital technology, particularly web and mobile
- Strong knowledge of marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals
- Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, and ROI.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to confidently present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership and cross functional teams.
- Ability to write compelling presentations and succinct emails.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A