As a senior member of the Voice team at Pandora you are responsible for building and maintaining the service that supports Voice interactions across our native mobile applications and third-party devices. You work closely with Product Management and Data Science partners to implement innovative features and measure their impact. You’re comfortable working in a distributed team, in a fast-paced environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have a collaborative attitude and love working with others to find elegant solutions to complex problems, always keeping the end user in mind. You have a solid foundation of Java development and are comfortable building services at scale. You are familiar with cloud software deployment and monitoring tools and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- Perform services deployment activities, perform maintenance, and respond to production issues as needed.
- Code the voice service business logic and APIs to power next generation SiriusXM/Pandora streaming clients
- Create/modify schemas as needed to achieve feature and user interface requirements
- Lead or contribute to investigations and discussions with other developers, product management, designers, data scientists, and talent curator/creator personnel as a representative of the voice team
- Mentor and train new team members or more junior engineers
- Write unit and integration tests and advise Quality Engineering on acceptance tests
- Demonstrate working software during in-person and/or virtual meetings with stakeholders
- Actively participate in and positively contribute to SCRUM meetings (daily standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint retrospective)
- Write documentation both for consumers of the API as well as for team members also working on the services
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Experience with API design/development (i.e. RPC, REST, JSON)
- 5+ years development experience with a focus on microservice development
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available, highly performant and maintainable internet applications.
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, design patterns and their impacts on application concurrency and scalability.
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing
- Experience with cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A