Website Lincoln Financial Group
The Medical Records Coordinator will perform and deliver on highly routine assignments independently for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. S/he will contact health care providers to request/retrieve medical records and invoicing and pay appropriate medical fees.
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Delivers highly routine work and provides general information, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
- Performs basic task/transactions related to common programs and services by acquiring core knowledge required for the role.
- Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Handles escalated issues and rush requests from claims examiners/managers as needed.
- Contacts health care providers and medical facilities to request and retrieve medical records needed for processing claims.
- Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work to meet or exceed productivity standards in order to meet business needs.
- Monitors and reviews information from medical records requests to troubleshoot issues and solve problems
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, and/or maintains information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Works with internal and external customers to achieve timely processing and retrieval of medical records
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: – Making suggestions for improvement – Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School or GED (Minimum Required)
- 0 – 1+ Years of general administrative support, customer service, and/or data entry experience. (Required)
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret internal documents such as but not limited to policy and procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates solid relationship management skills with internal and/or clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work, accuracy and attention to detail without loss to productivity.
- Demonstrates organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
Company: Lincoln Financial Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Omaha, NE, US
Application Deadline: N/A