Website The Walt Disney Company
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
- Influence and drive software engineering and architecture best practices and standards within the team and the wider community
- Lead the design, build, and evolution of the backend services that power the Disney+ platform
- Mentor your team to improve technical ability and build a profile within and outside the organisation
- Think not just in terms of code, but architecture. You communicate your ideas effectively to others within your team.
- Engineer technical software solutions primarily using Scala based microservices deployed within AWS infrastructure
- Support high traffic API services, globally distributed data and apply event-driven architectures
- Act as a mentor and an example to others in your team and across the organisation.
- Apply principled engineering practices including unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration and, by your example, lead others in your team to do likewise.
- Lead a product engineering team, ultimately responsible for the delivery of that product
- Experience creating scalable and reactive web applications with modern frameworks like Akka / play etc
- Have experience in functional programming
- Have strong experience with public cloud technologies – We use AWS
- Strong commercial experience with Scala
Qualification & Experience:
- Event-driven systems, data streaming and analytics, and challenges of distributed and globally available systems engineering.
- Ability to dive deep into any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
- Have data systems experience with relational or NoSQL DBs preferably at scale.
- Have experience building highly available, mission-critical, high traffic systems.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wembley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A