As an Accounting Manager within the ICS Division at Caterpillar, you will play a critical role in managing the Investment Analysis, providing insights related to the Enterprise Component Strategy, and focus on strategic sourcing for the Integrated Drivetrain Business. You will manage all financial aspects for major footprint and strategic sourcing analysis covering facilities across the globe. Lead highly complex projects with significant investment, impacting other divisions across the company. Work with various Product Group, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Partners to develop robust financial analysis leading to delivery of OPACC to the Enterprise. This position will manage a high performing team of 2-4 individuals.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise.
- Leads team in more comprehensive, diverse activities that require interpreting and adhering to U.S. GAAP and Caterpillar’s accounting practices and procedures.
- Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction, complies with personnel practices, and promotes team rewards and successes.
- Participates in the development and support of business strategies
- Motivates team members to work towards individual and team goals and objectives.
- Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers, including presentations to all levels of management.
- Manages a team of 1-2 management personnel work directs 1-2 Agency staff. Sets expectations and prioritizes work and projects. Analyzes staff-provided data for decision making at a summary level.
- Prior experience supervising small teams in accounting reporting environments.
- Strong acumen for managing large amounts of data with ability to summarize for executive review.
- Demonstrated excellence in Leadership, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal, Judgment and Analytical skills.
- Business Analysis experience with Global considerations
- Must have a broad understanding of CAT and its products, as well as the competitive and supply base landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting; Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved certification (CPA/CMA)
- 5+ years of accounting experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A