Website Dollar General
Responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into and/or out of the warehouse facility. General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed.
- Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise onto flats.
- Fills merchandise orders from stores by selecting and moving merchandise from pick slot to conveyor.
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective; enters data into remote data terminal.
- Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues to supervisor.
- Replenishes pick areas as identified by replenishment reports and various requests for merchandise.
- Meets safety, productivity and quality standards.
- Partners with supervisor to resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Loads outgoing merchandise from conveyor and/or four-wheel truck into trailer.
- Moves incoming or outgoing merchandise throughout the distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of use and operations of motorized merchandise movement equipment
- Ability to use a Radio Frequency Unit
- Communication skills sufficient to communicate with co-workers; to understand and provide directions; to respond to management inquiries; and to make entries on reports and records
- Basic knowledge of simple math concepts
- Ability to maintain annual certification requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in an automated distribution center preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience with warehouse management systems applications preferred
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bessemer, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A