Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- In addition, you will help craft communication plans with longer-term strategic goals for individual missions, and will help organize news conferences and other events. The ability to create user-friendly products for general audiences and the news media alike with pinpoint accuracy is essential. The JPL newsroom is a fast-paced environment where collaboration is key.
- We are looking for a person who can hit their deadlines while working with various stakeholders at JPL, NASA, and other institutions to see projects through from start to finish.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively .
- Strong communication skills along with solid news judgment and a sense of diplomacy.
- Advanced skill in one or more of the following areas: science and technical writing, news releases, digital storytelling, and both short- and long-form newswriting.
- Ability to distill complex science and engineering topics into brief, colorful, and descriptive materials that are easily understood by the public and the general media yet provide sufficient detail for science and technology journalists.
- Excellent copyediting skills; JPL and NASA follow the AP Stylebook.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and handle breaking news while juggling multiple projects and working with numerous partners on any given project.
- A combination of creativity and strong organizational abilities
- A passion to learn is a must; knowledge of Earth science, planetary science and/or astrophysics is considered a plus.
- You are able to work in changing beats, becoming specialists in their area.
- Knowledge of applicable JPL and NASA policies and procedures as well as government regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, science writing, or related fields with a minimum of six years of related experience.
- In-depth experience in either traditional or digital media.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience crafting and producing online multimedia products, including video, imagery, audio and graphics
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A