Website Wildlife Conservation Society
Zoo Associates – Domestics provides excellent guest experience, maintain the safety and security of the animals, ensure the cleanliness of the exhibit and surrounding areas.
- Assist in daily projects
- Will conduct observations on domestic and non-domestic animals for health or behavioral changes and report such to a senior/supervisor.
- Daily exhibit preparation, feeding, watering and cleaning/disinfecting of holding areas for non-domestic animals.
- Perform safe, proper and humane care of assigned animals according to established protocols or under the direction of the appropriate senior wild animal keeper and /or the supervisory/curatorial staff.
- May assist in animal husbandry under the direction of a supervisor or senior keeper.
- This includes but is not limited to cleaning enclosures, feeding, watering and grooming small domestic animals.
- Current negative TB test (Proof must be shown upon onboarding)
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, evenings and special events as the schedule demands.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Pursuing degree in animal science a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Dependability and reliability
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A