To become an important part of the Cash & Banking team and help provide support to store managers, design consultants and other stakeholders within the Wickes business.
- Responsible for looking after cash books – keeping this up to date and making sure all issues are dealt with within a timely manner and also preparing balance sheet reconciliations for month end.
- Helping with the Wickes Sales Ledger accounts by processing payments received and chasing customers for old outstanding debt.
- Helping out the C&B Manager by getting involved in upcoming Finance projects and also looking at process improvements that will benefit the C&B team
- Work alongside another Cash & Banking (C&B) colleague to keep our customer finance agreements as up to date as possible.
- Investigate any finance agreements that are due to expire or have expired and help resolve issues with store managers and design consultants and call for any payments manually.
- Help with Bank statement uploads as per the C&B team rota and with other adhoc tasks and provide cover for other team members if needed.
- Looking after regions 10 to 14, being the primary contact for stores for all banking issues and helping stores keep their P&L in order by correcting any issues the store my raise via P&L queries
- Looking after store change deliveries and reconcile it back to Loomis reports both weekly and monthly
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Team player/happy to help attitude
- Knowledge of balance sheet reconciliations
- An understanding or debits and credit
- Potential desire to study an accounting qualification
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working on projects and working to strict deadlines
- At least 2 years experience in finance departments
- High degree of accuracy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Lancaster, GB
Application Deadline: N/A