Website University of California San Diego
Design and develop research databases, integrating data from government funded research institutions. Serve as a technical contact to the Metabolomics Workbench team and other programmers regarding application and database programming. Provide advanced technical expertise and analysis in the architecture, design, and programming of complex computer applications. Collaborate with San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) programming staff to ensure optimal web site, computer, and database performance. Develop and maintain a suite of microarray analysis tools, and collaborate and advise a Department of Bioengineering research group in bioinformatics application development.
- Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
- Demonstrated software repository skills. Strong testing and test planning skills.
- Thorough experience with common programming tools. Ability to follow software specifications.
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
- Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
- Thorough ability to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals.
- Strong broad problem solving skills.
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- General understanding of the field of biology and statistics, specifically metabolism-related web pages, databases and application tools.
- Intermediate knowledge of secure software development.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience with relational database development and maintenance, especially Postgres.
- Degree in computer and/or life sciences with expertise in web development and applications programming.
- Demonstrated experience with the Linux operating system and associated software.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A