Website Wildlife Conservation Society
The Animal Care Associate works closely with the Fish and Invertebrate aquarists to assist in taking care of the fish and invertebrates within the Conservations Hall, Spineless and Education galleries.
- Inspect exhibits and facilities to ascertain that environmental conditions are appropriate, including filtration, water quality, lighting, temperature, cleanliness, and take necessary action to ensure such.
- Aid, help and inform the public regarding the Aquarium, its animals and exhibits.
- Assists in feeding and taking care of collection animals at the Aquarium and the daily care and operation of their enclosures.
- Assist in preparing animal diets or other food substances. May assist in both requisition and record keeping of food and other supplies.
- Participate in the cleaning of the public areas in and around exhibits, aquariums, tanks, and enclosures.
- Participate in the transfer of animals from one aquarium, cage, pen, zoo, etc. to another.
- Observe the animals and report promptly on any indication of illness or problems with environmental parameters or life support.
- Be extremely physically fit, capable of carrying a minimum of 50#, walking on rocky naturalistic animal habitats, moving quickly from one area of the park to another, climbing stairs, and all other physical functions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changing priorities and schedule
- Possess and maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have worked in some capacity with domestic or wild animals or have done an internship at an animal facility.
- Possess exceptional communication and public speaking.
- Capability to work with and direct interns and volunteers in a respectful manner.
- Possess good animal observation skills.
- Ability and versatility to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess basic swimming skills
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A