Website Waste Management
Manages collection routes and driver/laborer performance on a daily basis at a single, large hauling site. Supervises Route Managers and Drivers for Commercial routes.
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies. Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation and OSHA.
- Assists with personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities, including monitoring driver time and coordinating daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver by collecting accurate data and reporting for various incentive pay programs.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate. Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Education: Associate’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two years of relevant work experience.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A