Website Waste Management
Responsible for the development and execution of all strategic aspects of Public Sector Services within the Area, including, but not limited to, growth, retention, price and other service expansions.
- Collaborates with a team to develop ideas to improve existing methods, services, products, processes, and/or procedures.
- Develops and implements management policies or operating practices. Carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business.
- Develops functional sales managers/supervisors to better lead and develop the team.
- Solves both commonly encountered and complex issues. Ensures investigation and resolution of matters on behalf of management.
- Provides respected thought leadership, supporting Area Vice President and Area Leadership Team with critical input, aligned to Area goals and mission.
- Responsible for representing the voice of the customer. Collaborates with operations and community relations to meet our public sector customer expectations.
- Owns the strategy and overall sales and retention effectiveness of public sector sales and residential representatives.
- Understands all aspects of competitive landscape in order to provide market assessment and implement appropriate sales strategies and related tactics.
- Researches and reads extensively in order to learn corporate, group and area objectives, understand key industry issues, and spot industry related news stories that provide opportunities to advance the interests of the company.
- Identifies opportunities to expand Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers.
- Demonstrated ability of hiring and developing talented individuals both within Public Sector and/or throughout the Area.
- Proactive initiative to drive price, growth and/or service expansion opportunities in the Area.
- Leadership potential including ability to influence up, down, and across the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Public Relations, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Ten (10) years of previous experience including at least three (3) years managing a team of two of more individuals (in addition to education requirement).
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A