Website Valero Energy
Prepares compliance reports for New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) and Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT).
Compiles all necessary data to complete the facility’s Annual Emissions and Sara 313 (TRI) reports and conducts periodic threshold determinations for existing TRI chemicals, as well as initial threshold determinations for newly added TRI chemicals.
- Assumes rotating On-Call duties.
- Monitors and ensures key dates and/or milestones are achieved.
- Performs daily emissions calculations.
- Performs periodic monitoring for local, state and federally enforceable rules.
- Provides guidance and training to area production teams and refinery management.
- Reviews and provides guidelines for new facility permits.
- Assists with Title V deviation tracking and reporting.
- Develops and implements new procedures, updates existing procedures.
- Effectively communicates and implements permit changes.
- Acquires and reviews electronic data for compliance verification, as well as performs field verification audits.
- Reviews and incorporates regulatory updates.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum two years of environmental engineering or related experience required.
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel, and Access database required.
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) in chemical, petroleum, or environmental engineering preferred.
- Experience with permitting environmental procedures, auditing, and regulatory compliance required.
- Ability to perform error free work and provide technical support to ensure compliant operations required.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering or related Science degree required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A