Website United States Postal Service
As a Postal Service Employee – Mail Processing Clerk, you will perform a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution. Hiring Fast
- Prepares opinions, memoranda, decisions, regulations, testimonies, or formal filings in proceedings in which the Postal Service is a party.
- Travel Required Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position. Supervisory status No Promotion Potential None Job family (Series) 0905 Attorney Requirements Help Requirements Conditions of Employment The Law Department is seeking to fill an attorney position in the Pacific Area Law Office.
- The position may be domiciled in the San Diego, San Francisco or Long Beach, CA offices.
- The successful candidate will handle a heavy employment caseload before the Federal District Courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), as well as providing advice to internal clients on a variety of employment matters, including but not limited to those arising under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the
- Rehabilitation Act, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and disciplinary matters subject to the jurisdiction of the MSPB. Applicants must have at least three years of experience primarily practicing employment law in federal courts or before the EEOC or MSPB.
- You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements.
- We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant professional, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.
- Read more Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Not Required Drug test required Yes Required Documents Help Required Documents Cover letter, resume and writing sample.
- If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications.
Qualification & Experience:
- To be eligible for the Attorney position, you must possess a Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Qualified applicants must be a current member in good standing of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Bar Association. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: At least 3 years of experience in legal practice, of
- which one year of the experience requirement may be met through the completion of a judicial clerkship if completed by the time of hire. The clerkship must be documented in the applicant’s resume.
- The three years of required experience must include at least two years of experience litigating before administrative agencies or federal courts in highly complex or large-scale employment law matters, or advising very senior clients in large organizations about complex employment law issues affecting all, or significant portions of a large and diverse work force, OR in the alternative, completion of an Article III federal judicial clerkship
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Administrative
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A