Website United States Postal Service
Regularly operates a heavy duty tractor-trailer either in over-the-road service, city shuttle service, or trailer spotting
- Operates a tractor-trailer in conformity with time schedules and in accordance with instructions regarding the route
assigned; or operates a tractor-trailer in unscheduled service directed move by move by telephone, two-way radio or through designated supervisors.
- Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at postal installations, mailing concerns, railroad mail facilities and airports.
- Ascertains the condition of the tractor-trailer prior to leaving and in returning to garage; reports all accidents , mechanical
defects noted, and mechanical failures in the course of the trip.
- Makes decisions respecting changes in route in emergency; makes emergency decisions respecting loading mail or
leaving it for later trip.
- In addition, may prepare daily trip reports; make minor repairs or adjustments to vehicle in emergencies; load and unload
mail; perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Company: Jacksonville, FL, US
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A