Website United States Postal Service
- A personal vehicle suitable for use may be required for this position Persons Eligible to Apply All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position. Functional Purpose Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Loads mail in vehicle.
- Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
- Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post; furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer. 6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information. 8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
- Conducts special surveys when required.
- Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Hattiesburg, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A