- The Center Freight Operations Specialist I reviews daily freight shipments to ensure on time deliveries and meet customer needs and expectations. He/She communicates with drivers to assign freight pickup requests and to ensure deadlines are met. This position processes inbound air cargo shipments to ensure compliance requirements (e.g., Customs clearance, fee payments, etc.) are met.
- Coordinates audits and flight bookings for dangerous goods to ensure safe shipments on commercial carriers and UPS airlines.
- Prepares pre-delivery notifications to inform customers of pickup and delivery delays and service interruptions.
- Contacts cartage carriers to arrange freight pickups when UPS drivers and equipment are not available.
- Reviews truck and aircraft arrivals to determine delays and excess capacity and to notify drivers and customers of delays.
- Provides hazardous goods rate quotes and shipment booking and updates the Freight Forwarding database to provide customer information, prepare shipment and carrier notifications, and maintain information for audits.
- Contacts equipment maintenance and repair vendors to coordinate maintenance and to ensure proper equipment functionality and driver safety.
- Reviews driver locations, truck freight capacity, and required lead time to ensure freight loads and weight are distributed evenly among drivers.
- Prepares alternate pickup and delivery arrangements to resolve service interruptions and delays and to meet customer needs.
- Maintains driver contact to assist with resolving issues (e.g., directions, shipment information, traffic and weather conditions, etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Supply Chain
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A