The Capacity Planner plays a key role in supporting the planning of capacity and deployment of Building Engineering Services (BES) that provide support and reliability to our Telstra Network as well as third-party customers. Your focus will be analysing and developing optimal engineering solutions for providing power and cooling in the InfraCo site portfolio. You will lead scoping and budgeting activities, create projects and own these through to design, construction and completion. The role has potential to capture analytical activities such as metric reporting and commercial inputs with other teams and stakeholders. Having a continuous learning mindset and strong analytical skills will be core to your role. Adapting to the change and dynamic environment of InfraCo is essential.
- Identify opportunities for minimum viable engineering solutions that continue to provide value to our Telstra customers and new commercial opportunities.
- Participate and/or lead in improvement activities relating to processes, standards, modelling and data reporting where appropriate.
- Undertake scoping and budgeting activities that contribute towards the creation of design & construction projects. Collaborate with various stakeholders to manage budget, scope and time across individual projects (such as Program
- Delivery and Contract Management) to deliver on agreed project outcomes. This includes understanding application of Capex and Opex activities.
- Undertake professional development opportunities and mandatory compliance training. Seek mentorship and learning opportunities from other planners within the National Planning Team.
- Through continuous development of technical skillset, apply planning methodologies to determine infrastructure shortfalls within the BES portfolio; including DC Power, HVAC and AC Power. Contribute towards strategic planning and feasibility tasks for InfraCo priority assets.
- Technical (entry level electrical and/or mechanical).
- Project creation and ownership, budgeting and cost estimation, Contract Management.
- Data modelling and metric reporting.
- Problem solving, analytical, collaboration, communication and excel.
- Interpretation and application of Telstra Standards and Australian Standards.
- Building Engineering Facilities including AC Power HV & LV AC Power, UPSs, generators DC Power (Telepower), batteries,
- HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air-conditioning). High density power and cooling solutions for telco and cloud equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Adelaide, AU
Application Deadline: N/A