The Credit Analyst I is responsible for conducting in-depth industry and financial analysis of existing and potential borrowers. This job works cooperatively to support the Lending and Credit functions of the Bank.
- Integral part of loan origination process. Responsible for performing underwriting analysis of Borrower’s character, credit worthiness and financial condition.
- May research industry specific information from outside sources, which may include conversation with Borrowers, industry publications, area libraries, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the Internet.
- Basic understanding of loan risk factors.
- May participate in Customer meetings and make direct inquiry for specific Customer information based on prior research, experience and knowledge (may require travel at times).
- Supports the lending function by providing analytical support.
- May prepare insightful and timely approval memorandums for presentation to appropriate lending and credit authorities.
- Work reviewed and monitored by lead staff.
- Responsible for basic financial analysis of less complex loans/industries/Customers.
- Basic knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit and Customer information.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Developed PC skills including proficiency and capability in word processing and spreadsheet software.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-2 years related experience preferred.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
Company: TD Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Human Resources
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com