The Analyst – Investment Banking Credit is responsible for conducting in-depth industry and financial analysis of existing and potential borrowers. This job works cooperatively to support the Lending and Credit functions of the Bank.
- Researches industry specific information from outside sources, which may include conversation with Borrowers, industry publications, area libraries, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the Internet.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory requirements.
- May prepare complete written analysis with appropriate recommendations for approval, denial and alternative structure when necessary.
- Prepares insightful and timely approval memorandums for presentation to appropriate lending and credit authorities.
- Supports the lending function by providing analytical support.
- Responsible for financial analysis of moderately complex loans/industries/Customers.
- Works more independently but under the guidance and review of lead staff.
- Good understanding of loan risk factors.
- Integral part of loan origination process. Responsible for performing underwriting analysis of Borrower’s character, credit worthiness and financial condition.
- Participates in Customer meetings and make direct inquiry for specific Customer information based on prior research, experience and knowledge (may require travel at times).
- Thoroughly analyzes financial statements, management profiles, business and product cycles, cash flow ability, collateral, agings, etc. of future and existing Customers to identify trends, measure performance, assess financial strength and develop an assessment of credit risk.
- May maintain credit files, monitor data such as updated financial statements and prepare updated analysis memos.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Exhibits the ability to gather, consolidate, analyze and summarize data to provide well-considered recommendations on an increasingly independent basis
- Good interpersonal skills and a team orientation
- Developed PC skills including demonstrated proficiency and capability in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit and Customer information
- Require to have or obtain the Series 7, 63, and 79
- Developed knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 – 3 years related experience required
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience is required
Company: TD Bank
Vacancy Type: Finance
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A