The Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing projects and operations for the corporate IT Operations team. This includes the project planning, implementation, maintenance, security and support of the network, server, data center and cloud infrastructure and projects at Sunwing Travel Group and the day to day management of the associated technical personnel, from a project management perspective. The job entails a close relationship and ongoing coordination with other departments in the company.
- To work closely with Development, Solutions Architecture, the PMO and the Infrastructure Architecture teams and lead the Infrastructure team to conceptualize, design, validate and implement infrastructure and cloud solutions for Sunwing Travel Group projects, from a project management perspective.
- To coordinate with vendors and manage orders and delivery schedules in the sourcing, supply, installation and commissioning of infrastructure hardware and software for project related activities.
- To work with the Infrastructure team, Infrastructure Architecture and the IT Operations leadership to ensure a robust, stable, reliable, resilient and scalable infrastructure with a comprehensive set of operational metrics, from a project management perspective.
- To ensure the quality of all work performed in coordination with the Infrastructure Architecture personnel and the Development teams
- To attend to infrastructure issues and ensure that the Infrastructure team fixes these issues within the agreed Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and ensures zero violations of the respective SLAs.
- Manage and maintain program RAID log
- To ensure that the activities of the Infrastructure team align to the business goals of the project.
- To manage the day to day activities of the project teams, including time tracking and management, ticket management and task assignment, performance and completion, compliance to technical and documentation standards as well as daily, weekly, monthly and other periodic and ad hoc status and progress reports on tickets, tasks and projects.
- To measure team member performance at regular intervals, and coach, motivate and improve team member performance in collaboration with the Director, IT Infrastructure
- An ability to present complex technical concepts in an understandable manner to non-technical audiences
- High level infrastructure requirements analysis capability based on business and development team requirements
- PMP certified is a must, must be active
- Solid demonstrated experience in leading teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- An understanding of agile methodologies, to enable participation in DevOps activities in conjunction with the Development team
- An excellent understanding of data center components including servers, network switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, storage and associated systems
- A deep understanding of project metrics, the ability to document and chart derived insights from raw metrics, and the ability to make informed and data driven operational decisions based on these metrics
- An understanding of regulatory and certification requirements such as PCI compliance and ISO 27001
- An ability to drive a service-oriented culture that acts in the best interest of the business with strong ties to the rest of the IT Team
- Experience / knowledge of Windows, Linux and VMWare
- Strong project and program management skills
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 8 years of experience in technical project management
- As least 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Azure
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in infrastructure project management in a very active, high technology environment
- Experience with infrastructure scripting tools such as Python, PowerShell, Perl, TCL etc.
- Some prior experience in systems or network administration
- A University degree or college diploma in IT or a related field, or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Project Management
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A