The Application Development Director will participate in the delivery of enterprise system design, development, test, release, and communication. The position reports to the CIO and will be located in Toronto, ON.
- Ensures projects/programs are completed within the committed time and budget
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with LOBs, product management, UX design, vendors, and other supporting teams
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining the performance of any application issues in accordance with agreed SLA
- Manage and lead a team of internal and external software development Analysts in order to develop, test, analyze, and maintain existing and new software solutions
- Understand and implement improvements by leveraging the existing SDLC, identifying improvements to existing practices and define new procedures and policies to align with industry best practices
- Accountable for ensuring technology solutions comply with architectural standards
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation
- Accountable for effective project management and delivery of work requests and projects within committed budget, schedule, and quality for individual projects while also meeting overall department performance goals
- Define, prioritize, allocate resources, track and provide status reporting of work assignments, projects, programs
- Accountable for maximizing the productivity of the applications staff and the maintainability of software systems, keeps abreast of new technologies, incorporates those technologies when appropriate, and motivates others to utilize them
- Manage and lead a team of internal and external QA Analysts in the delivery of test planning, test preparation, and test execution
- Maintain, mature, and evolve QA methodologies and processes
- Drive QA automation and efficiencies in order to reduce delivery times which ultimately deliver faster lifecycles
- Excellent communication skills in English; both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving, research, and reporting skills.
- Customer-focused mindset, taking pride in creating software/application solutions
- Extensive experience working with C#, ASP.NET MVC, AJAX, WCF, Web API, Rest API, RDBMS, and NoSQL.
- Experience with automation tools, CI and CD software using TFS or Azure DevOps
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing teams delivering high traffic, high availability n-Tier, Web, Mobile, and/or Integration solutions
- Experience developing and delivering complex enterprise real-time and batch integration solutions
- Experience or exposure to JamStack and CMS is an asset
Experience with test automation using a unit or other test framework
- Passion for building quality software systems
- BA/BS degree required, an advanced degree is preferred in CS or related field.
- 10+ years of software industry experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience leading/managing technical professionals (architects, software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
- Proven experience in project management of multiple initiatives with competing priority and disparate resourcing
- Hands-on experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), exposure through TFS or Azure DevOps is an asset
- Experience and comfortable presenting and conducting various types of sessions planning, designing, review, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A