The Substation Design Engineer is responsible for engineering design, project management and technical support for projects relating to new and existing Transmission Substations.
- Provide consulting services to other groups in matters relating to substations and also substation standards development.
- Responsible for overall project cost and scheduling; coordinate activities related to real estate, purchasing, drafting, construction, operating and related engineering groups associated with projects.
- Develop engineering solutions, cost estimates, schedules and preliminary designs associated with initial development and budgeting of substation projects.
- Perform detailed design, writing and evaluating material and construction specifications.
- Work closely with engineering firms contracted to perform Ameren Transmission substation design services.
- Work with Drafting to direct drawing preparation.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Good analytical, project management, communications and human relations skills required. Ability to lead and/or work effectively as part of a team. Must be adaptable, flexible and able to handle multiple, concurrent work assignments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university required. Power option preferred. Master of Science Degree preferred. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification preferred. Professional Engineer (P.E.) License or commitment to actively pursue one in Illinois and/or Missouri required. Two or more years of experience with substations or related equipment, design, substation operation or maintenance or relay experience preferred. Project management or large project engineering experience is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A