Website BNSF Railway
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
- Interacting with internal customers and suppliers regarding required specifications pricing, availability, and delivery of ad hoc/non-catalog procurement requests
- Performing necessary systematic corrective action on issues related to supplier purchase orders or contract non-compliance
- Supporting service and material buyers with ad hoc reporting and special project assistance
- Supporting contract management in the execution of accurate and timely agreements
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacle
Qualification & Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, Marketing or other Business related degree.
- Basic quantitative analysis skills
- Knowledge in data extraction techniques using SAS, GQL, or Crystal reports
- Experience in sourcing goods or services for a company or corporation
- Ability to demonstrate basic project and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A