Website Charles Schwab
Schwab RT develops, supports and hosts solutions for business firms who use our technology to provide recordkeeping services to companies with 401k plans or Health Savings Accounts for their employees. Recently, we have been focusing on improving security, modernizing our legacy recordkeeping system to be cloud ready and modernizing our overall on-line experiences where individuals can access their information to help make informed decisions. This includes features to help them know and take action if they are saving enough to support their life in retirement and where their savings are invested. The SRT Development team is looking for a Staff Software QA who will excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
The Staff QA Engineer will work closely with the development team and business analysts create and execute manual and automated software testing activities while delivering on multiple projects implementing new features and enhancements, and bug fixes on a large and complex portfolio management system.
- Work with the team to define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing. This includes establishing the purpose and deliverables of the test effort, developing and implementing test plans/cases Develop and helping maintain automated testing scripts for complex environments.
- Participate in all aspects of testing: unit, integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation and system testing.
- Work directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects
- Manage and troubleshoot defects to resolution while proactively identifying risks to management Work collaboratively with development to identify testability of the architectural design and application code while infusing Quality into the teams deliverables
- Contribute to the definition, development and implementation of quality assurance practices and procedures and other QA assessments.
- Adhere to the standards and best practices within the Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience in test automation tools
- Become familiar with the DevOps culture and practices, be ready to put to use immediately and incrementally
- Experience with financial services or retirement industry will make ramp up easier
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and stay on top of new and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and processes such as SCRUM
Qualification & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience with Agile Development Practices, Scrum and supporting apps: Jira & Zephyr
- 3-5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance for highly complex projects related to Cloud or distributed platform, or mainframe batch applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field
Company: Charles Schwab
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A