Dexcom’s Software Development Team is currently seeking a Product Owner for our Mobile Apps who has a strong foundation in Agile Practices, solid technical understanding of software requirements definition and can work in a regulated environment (preferably with Medical Devices) to lead on this front. Dexcom, Inc., headquartered in San Diego, California, is focused on leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to create solutions that improve the lives of people with diabetes.
In this role, you will align the vision of our executive management and other cross-team stake holders to help prioritize the work of the R&D software teams for software which empowers users to take control of their diabetes. Stakeholders include Program Managers, Marketing, User Experience (UX), Technical Support, Human Factors and Clinical, Regulatory Authority and Quality Assurance teams as well as external teams.
- Improve work processes and tools to increase efficiency and maximize value.
- Bi-weekly sprint planningWork with Project Management team to define project roadmaps based on customer demands paired with development team feasibility and sizing.
- Collaborate with developers, V&V, quality, technical support, regulatory affairs and marketing teams as a subject matter expert.
- Help teams with Agile adoption.
- Work with developers to breakdown user needs into use cases and collaborate during translation into requirements.
- Prioritize work based on project needs, task dependencies, team capacities and schedules.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize voice of the customer into the product backlog for Dexcom’s mobile app products.
- Work with developers and quality teams to ensure design, requirements, and quality documents are updated when necessary to provide a development audit trail.
- Develop and maintain user stories and tasks with clear product acceptance criteria in a prioritized product backlog.
- Collaborate with Technical Support on upcoming app releases and efforts.
- Collaborate with Marketing on obsolescence plans and support for new devices as well as new operating systems.
- 8+ years’ experience as Product Owner/Technical Project Manager.
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Proven collaborator with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with software development principles and knowledge of the full life-cycle of a software development product.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience building regulated software for the medical field.
- Possess a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Master’s degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.
- Experience as a Product Owner for mobile applications (iOS/Android)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A