Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Systems Engineer Level 4 to join the Special Programs Systems Engineering Group, reporting administratively to the Technical Group Supervisor and programmatically to the Lead Systems Engineer. Your initial assignment will be to serve as a V&V systems engineer on the project. Some of your initial tasks may include owning the planning and scripting for the V&V effort for a system area.
- Track any problem/failure reports related to software testing and help coordinate the effort to resolve them
- Manage the triage effort for plan and procedure development to support software V&V testing
- Engage with the PSE team to develop the criteria for test prioritization, and converge on a list of incompressible tests
- Act as the PSE interface to the Testbed (TB) Lead, and ensure the prioritized list of tests is addressed within the TB schedule
- Work with the Project Systems Engineering (PSE) team to determine the appropriate set of tests in support of the software V&V campaign
- Proven ability to lead the activities of and to synthesize the unique discipline knowledge of a broad range of technical subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of government and industry practices across a range of applications related to principles, theories, concepts, designs, analyses, and techniques for system level V&V in varied testbed configurations.
- System Testbeds, System-level Integration and Test (I&T), Payload Systems.
- Be a self-motivated individual who can work independently, in a team environment, and lead a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical sciences, or mathematics with a minimum of 9 years of professional experience, or Master’s degree in engineering, physical sciences or mathematics with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience, or Ph.D in engineering, physical sciences or mathematics with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Verification and Validation,
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A