Successful candidate must be a self-starter who is detail oriented, has the ability to meet deadline-oriented tasks and demonstrates the ability to organize multiple tasks to accomplish common goals. Successful candidates should also demonstrate an ability to communicate and coordinate with different teams and at different levels across the organization. Applicant must be able to adjust readily to multiple demands and shifting priorities and work well in a team environment. This position will positively contribute to a high-morale/high-performance culture.
- Performing monthly close related duties including processing of assets placed in-service and utilizing system functions to ensure proper accounting of property accounts, as needed
- Leveraging critical thinking skills to formulate ideas for resolving ongoing system issues / enhancements and familiarizing self with all available resources to assist in the development of effective solutions
- Performing monthly in-service analysis for capital projects and creating fixed asset settlement rules in SAP in accordance with unit of property guidelines
- Partnering with Engineering, Mechanical, Signal, Technology, Marketing and other capital budget teams to support accounting treatment determinations as well as timing of capital project in-service for close and forecast processes
- Preparing or assisting with quarterly and annual SEC and other Regulatory reports, external audit PBCs and various Tax and Treasury department requests
- Balancing recurring tasks with ad-hoc projects or special requests, technical research, and other duties as assigned
- Analyzing trends and/or anomalies in reports and depreciation/ density studies; researching underlying data to explain drivers and/or potential risks that require process changes
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicant must have strong interpersonal and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Personal computer skills including intermediate level Microsoft Excel are required.
- Applicant must demonstrate an ability to learn SAP modules.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or information systems is required with a minimum of 2 years accounting/finance/systems work experience.
- Applicant must possess a working knowledge of basic accounting and journal entries.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A