Lincoln Financial Group
This position will perform and deliver on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of Reinsurance Accounting responsibility. S/he will prepare, record, analyze and report reinsurance accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Communicates to management on recognized trends of issues/concerns.
- Communicates with third party reinsurers on identified discrepancies and resolves in a collaborative and timely fashion.
- Conducts and/or participates in accounting projects
- Conducts quality assurance checks on his/her journal entries and post to General Ledger Accounts.
- Determines classifications and records financial transactions applying accounting technique, standard practices and accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles, and compliance with internal controls and SOX.
- Identifies, researches and resolves discrepancies or out of balance situations amongst assigned General Ledger Accounts.
- Performs reinsurance accounting activities, including preparing, classifying, recording, maintaining, and reconciling the General Ledger accounts, sub-ledgers and subsystems in compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Prepares financial foot note information for SEC, GAAP and statutory reporting
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports reinsurance accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provides accurate and timely reinsurance treaty administration which includes cash settlements and analyzing and validating data.
- Researches and provides accounting impacts on new and existing reinsurance structures/transaction.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) (Minimum Required)
- 1 – 3+ Years of experience in Accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
Company: Lincoln Financial Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A