The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and/or
a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A