View All Skechers JobsSKECHERS
The Technical Design Coordinator will focus on providing support to the Design and Technical Design team by providing updated B&W sketches for all revisions needed after initial Design B&W hand off. Included in this scope would be updates to products made in fittings, seasonal line reviews and requested construction changes. All updates would be made in PLM and on server as per current Design process. This role will also be responsible for the day to day receipt and tracking of fit development status such as: receiving and logging samples into seasonal style tracking logs, updating logs with adds, drops and revisions after line reviews, creating weekly fit lists shared with apparel team, evaluating and measuring of fit samples sent directly from factory, measuring competitive/store bought samples or samples pulled from production for QA purposes. Work is to be executed through an established process, utilizing systems and adhering to seasonal development calendar.
- Provide additional sketching support Design as needed: waterfalls, VLS
- Create construction standards in Illustrator to support Designs library
- Document all fit development samples received, fit and fit comments completed
- Measure and document fit development samples that are sent factory direct
- Update B&W sketches revised during development to support Design
- Communicate and coordinate sample tracking data with Asia team
- Create weekly fit lists for teams based upon fit samples received and priorities
- Update PLM Line Plan and Seasonal Tracking Logs to reflect seasonal VLS
- Communicate any product discrepancies with Tech Design and Apparel team
- Update all seasonal tracking logs w/sample ETA data needed for team to schedule fittings/line reviews to meet key calendar milestones
- Proactive: Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to problem solve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible: Ability to be adaptable in a multi-task environment
- Focused: Work with a sense of urgency to meet development/production timelines
- Innovative: Strives to increase productivity and improve work process
- Ability to complete basic mathematical computations
- General knowledge garment construction, basic knowledge of pattern making a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Computer Applications:
- Basic Adobe Illustrator skills are required
- AA/Bachelor’s Degree
- Focus will include spreadsheets on Excel
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- 1-2+ years in Apparel Technical Design, Product Development or Operations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Design
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A