The Database Administrator position involves researching, evaluating and daily operational administration of database management systems. The DBMSs to support would involve a combination of MySQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB amongst other similar systems. The deployment of these systems is both on premise in our datacentre as well in AWS and AZURE cloud platforms. In addition to executing daily operational support of these databases, engaging with developers to gain an understanding of their requirements and propose solutions will also be an important component. Candidate does not have to know all these systems, but must be experienced in some of these.
- To research, evaluate and recommend DBMS products
- To assist Development Teams in designing and optimising systems
- To carry out basic database administrative tasks
- To ensure information security and regulatory compliance
- Grade 12
- Proficient with some of the common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and Python.
- Experience working with services in AWS and AZURE cloud platforms
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree/Diploma Information Systems/Technology
- Industry Certification: AWS Associate Architect and Developer certificate
- 4 – 6 years experience in administering one or more DBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 and MongoDB. Expert level in one of these is essential.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A