Value Engineering is a systematic method to improve the “value” of a product/service by optimizing performance (function) and removing unnecessary expenditures, thereby increasing the value for the manufacturer and/or the customer.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Co-lead tear down and should cost sprints in focus categories or across categories
- Learn and practice use of VE tools and templates to drive consistency across all efforts
- Build cross-functional relationships to help teams ideate and prioritize ideas
- Liaise with various functional stakeholders to get inputs into building VE models
- Provides thought leadership to execution teams
- Drive excellence throughout the Agile Cost Sprint execution
- Own and manage functions of VE Physical Analysis Lab and produce outputs
- Cost modelling and tear down of electronic products
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong influence and communications skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in electronics manufacturing processes.
- Experience working in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable working in a development and R&D environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering 6 or more years of experience or Masters of Science with 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of the methodology and processes associated with cost analysis highly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kalamazoo, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A