Website Capital One
Are you passionate about using open-source technologies to build cutting edge systems? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment? Are you excited about designing systems that can handle HUGE amounts of data? How about doing all of that entirely in the public cloud?
As a Sr. Software Engineering Manager in our Card Machine Learning Platform group you’ll be at the center of some of our most complicated data-intensive technical solutions. You’ll manage a team that is building a custom Kubernetes based analytics platform that will host machine learning models at scale. You’ll be working with various technologies, including: golang, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Istio, and a whole lot of custom made software that we will own.
The right candidate is someone who is not just passionate about technology but also about leading and mentoring a talented team of engineers. We’re looking for someone who welcomes challenges and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results to internal business customers while creating a rewarding team environment. Our team culture is great and we take keeping it that way very seriously.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bring a passion to stay on top of new tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and have prioritization and trade-off discussions
- At least 6 years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
- At least 9 years of professional experience in a technical role
- Knowledge of golang used in a professional setting
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS, Azure or gcloud
- At least 8 years of application development experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing engineering talent
- At least 3 years of experience providing technical leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com