Are you a problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity? If this sounds like you, then you could be the newest member of Hilton’s Finance team. As the Senior Manager, Payroll Tax and Reporting, you will not only lead a team, but also work with many departments to ensure Payroll is, at a minimum, meeting tax and reporting obligations. However, we challenge you to go above and beyond. You will be committed to identifying and resolving tax and reporting matters. Furthermore, you will craft tools to track metrics and will determine ways to minimize employer tax and garnishment liabilities, and mitigate risks.
- Build positive relationships across the broader Payroll team for support, including cyclical testing of system release updates and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Handle oversight of the business processes pertaining to system interfaces specific to taxation and statutory reporting, including garnishments.
- Be accountable for quality assurance and process controls pertaining to US and Puerto Rico statutory regulatory filings, including Federal, State, and local taxation, census and labor reporting, multiple worksite reporting, and garnishments.
- Stay abreast of pending legislature pertaining to tax and reporting, and proactively address the business’ needs to remain compliant if such legislature is enacted.
- Build strong partnerships with cross-divisional stakeholders such as Corporate Tax, Corporate Accounting, Finance and Legal, for alignment on fringe benefit taxation and reporting and G/L liability reconciliation support.
- Be accountable for quarter end and year-end activities, including vendor management and cross-divisional engagement, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of deliverables.
- Provide direction and guidance to the internal team of payroll tax/reporting professionals and garnishment specialists, including coaching and delivering timely feedback.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to utilize data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action
- Proven aptitude for effectively addressing issues in collaboration with others
- Ability to work functionally across a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to successfully utilize tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access to aid in data extraction, organization, and visualization
- Teammate, who works well with others, while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficiency with developing and leading a team of direct reports, and influencing internal and external business partners and stakeholders
- Four (4) years of responsibility for tax reporting in a multi-jurisdiction multi-entity organization, including knowledge of Local tax withholding requirements
- Four (4) years in a business environment leading others, including talent management
- Familiarity with outsourced tax service providers, such as ADP Employer Tax Services, Equifax State Unemployment Services, Ceridian Tax Service, etc., and navigating vendor relationships
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree OR four (4) years of experience in the field of payroll tax management, accounting or financial reporting
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A