Are you passionate about educating others and exploring creative ways to reach your audience? If so, you will love this role. As the Senior Manager, Learning, you will collaborate with brand business partners to identify learning needs, provide recommendations, and ensure the successful development and delivery of learning that aligns with Hilton’s learning strategy. You will be responsible for the development of curricula across the luxury and lifestyle categories focusing on building learning solutions for our brands and brand repositioning that help team members to deliver on the brands unique Service Strategy. You will build positive relationships and work closely with the brand Global Heads, Brand Hospitality and the Customer Experience and Innovation teams to deliver modern learning solutions to the appropriate groups. Your work will also include ensuring that all learning content is aligned to strategic objectives, is delivered in a consistent, efficient manner and is dedicated to measurable outcomes.
- Support learning delivery needs for brand immersion trainings, pre-opening training and Leaders in Luxury.
- Partner with vendors on content development – build requests for proposal; reviewing vendor options; managing statements of work, non-disclosure agreements, and master service agreements; providing feedback to vendor based edits from partners; and handling on-time payment of invoices. You will work in conjunction with the Learning Project Management Office throughout vendor partnerships.
- Handle partnerships with Senior Leaders, L&D, and design agency partners.
- Develop own personal development plan to ensure learning professional competencies are up to standard.
- Meet regularly with key partners and leaders to communicate progress on priorities and learning activities.
- Improve efficiencies and effectiveness that lead to improved business results.
- Collaborate with business partners and hotels on learning needs to determine root causes of issues and provide recommendations accordingly for training to address those issues.
- Build positive relationships and collaborate with Global Learning and Talent Development, as well as research external benchmarks, on innovative ways to approach learning that are rooted in Adult Learning Theory.
- Coordinate logistics of training such as delivery methods (Instructor Led or VILT/WebEx), venue sourcing and booking, coordinating team member travel, and method of providing learning materials.
- Self-starter, well-organized and willing to take ownership of responsibilities and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Strong problem solving skills, including an aptitude for addressing any issue in collaboration with others, to identify and prevent potential problems
- Active consultation skills with key partner groups to arrive to consensus for effective solutions, taking into account concurrent objectives and priorities
- Leadership skills to prioritize and implement project goals and adapt to change
- Motivational skills with a bias toward seizing performance improvement opportunities for individuals, teams, business units and the organization at large
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal, with communication skills that lend to communicating clearly and directly with a variety of individuals
Qualification & Experience:
- Travel 35% international and domestic
- Global work experience
- Previous experience presenting and facilitating learning solutions
- Six (6) years of work experience
- Previous experience working in a hotel
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) years of luxury experience in the hotel industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, including an understanding of manipulating presentations, spreadsheets and documents
- Two (2) years of project management or managerial experience
- Four (4) years of learning and development experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A