Website Xcel Energy
Responsible to effectively create and coordinate the vision, strategy, implementation and manage the execution of cyber security engineering program in support of key initiatives and strategy. Lead cyber security engineering efforts which are grounded in preventing threats to the environment. Work closely with key business partners, internal technology teams and external vendors to understand trends and ongoing activity. Provide technical oversight and architectural governance to projects and environmental changes to ensure consistent implementation and effectiveness of security controls. Remain knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory compliance, legal, and security standards that may impact information security. Provide management and support for the Security Engineering staff, Project Architecture staff and Operational Technology teams. Manage a support and maintenance program for all security tools. Participate in and contribute to other areas within the department as needed to develop and maintain security across all technical platforms. Ensures enterprise compliance with requirements from agencies such as FERC, NERC, and Department of Homeland Security (such as CIP, HIPAA, SOX, PCI).
- Stay abreast of industry and technology trends and best practices to advise leadership on when to innovate and when to use traditional approaches. Also, stay current on potential threats and risks for cyber security related information protection and compliance.
- Develop cyber security engineering strategies and processes. Within Cyber, provide assistance to cross-functional teams to assure that the solutions and plans meet changing business area, customer and competitive requirements.
- Manage the work and resources of the staff in Cyber Security Engineering, Project Architecture and the Operational Technology areas. Determine, manage and track budget and staffing needs for these divisions. Define and publish team goals and the means to achieve them.
- Maintain a program to manage, track, and support cyber security tools and tool suites.
- Execute against the Enterprise Security Services strategic plan for assigned business areas. Management of cyber security engineering activities relative to regulatory compliance and alignment with company’s security framework.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with 3rd Party service providers responsible for providing technology consulting. Work with business unit executives and service providers to introduce required Cyber Security functionalities into the environment.
- Ability to both lead and partner in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must possess a broad knowledge relating to I/T infrastructures and have in-depth and up-to-date experience with today’s enterprise level platforms.
- Strong investigative, root cause analysis, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking and business risk analysis skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 10 years experience in I/T, including 7 years direct experience in cyber security.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with a concentration in computer science, technology, accounting, business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical information and describe recommendations and their justifications to management.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A