Website University of California San Diego
Under general supervision, provides protective services to assigned locations, patients, visitors, and staff. Adheres to UCSD Health Sciences and departmental quality service standards. Patrols UCSD Health Sciences premises on foot or in a vehicle to protect life and property.
Manages disruptive persons professionally with a minimum use of force; controls access to restricted and security sensitive areas; responds to fire/security alarm activations, assumes scene command in emergency situations; observes and reports safety hazards, gives direction and assistance to UCSD Enterprise clientele. Performs other related duties and functions appropriate to the job classification as needed.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and acceptable driving record in order to drive UCSD Health vehicles.
- One (1+) or more years experience in hospital security.
- Liaison with patients/customers.
- De-escalation experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must possess CA Guard Registration.
- Two (2) years of security or security related experience or an equivalent combination of Must obtain and maintain IAHSS certification within six (6) months of hire.
- The skills, knowledge, and ability essential to the successful performance of the duties
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A