View All Sally Beauty Supply JobsSally Beauty Supply
Our Paralegal provides professional assistance and support to the various departments of the company and the legal staff through the analysis, research and resolution of legal issues. Prepares and reviews moderately complex legal documents related to litigation and non-litigation matters.
- Prepares answers and gathers information for discovery requests furnished by opposing parties in litigation. Interacts with many departments when preparing these answers. Assists in the preparation and dissemination of litigation holds for litigation matters.
- Resolves legal matters of a routine nature including gathering and assembling information for response to subpoenas, garnishments and administrative agencies, where involvement of an attorney is not always necessary. Informs, in a timely manner, company attorneys of significant issues arising in these legal matters.
- Submits and monitors various claims filed against company (mostly personal injury), collects background information, and forwards the information to an insurance company or supplier for resolution. Submits and monitors claims with the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety
- Commission) and gathers information for appropriate response. Works with supervising attorney and other departments to investigate product-related claims. Works independently to investigate, research, negotiate and bring resolution to subrogation claims.
- Maintains litigation files in both electronic and hard copy format and maintains calendaring system for litigation matters.
- Manages routine projects, including drafting, reviewing and transmitting legal correspondence and documents. The General Counsel or litigation attorney may assign special projects/cases as needed.
- Knowledge of legal implications of company policies and practices, contracts, and leases
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Paralegal certificate or other recognized form of certification demonstrating coursework in preparation for becoming a paralegal with an advanced certification in discovery preferred
- Associates degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/Access)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Discretion and good judgment necessary to deal with highly confidential and sensitive matters
- A working knowledge of commercial leases is preferred
- Ability to draft legal documents, such as pleadings, discovery responses, affidavits and the like
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and pay exceptional attention to detail
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 + years experience in discovery management
- 5+ years experience as a paralegal in a corporate environment with experience in litigation of at least 2 years preferred
Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Plano, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A