View All Sally Beauty Supply JobsSally Beauty Supply
Our Sr. Manager of Revenue and Cash Accounting manages the daily operations of the Store Accounting department and processes bank activity through an automated bank reconciliation program. Daily operations include accounting for the proper posting of sales and related accounts, processing of returned items, reconciliation of store bank accounts and reconciling credit card settlements
- Manages the Sally store Accounts Receivable process.
- Responds to internal and external audit inquires and provides supporting documentation for all information requests.
- Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for the functional control over the department. Supervises the Store Accounting staff (10) and reviews/approves their work products (journal entries, reconciliations, reports etc.).
- Responds to inquiries from senior management and the field organization regarding store activity, including cash and sales related issues.
- Ensures posting of store sales occurs, either through the daily polling process or with a MOD (manual posting of sales).
- Establishes and ensures compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices relating to store cash management and store transactions in US and Canada. Analyze policies and recommend changes when necessary, including SOX narratives.
- Manages month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes, including journal entries, account analysis, sales validation, reconciliations and internal reporting related to bank accounts, Sally store AR, credit card clearing, gift cards, Beauty Club Cards and other assigned accounts.
- Identifies and implements procedural and process improvements to address emerging risk or opportunities for increased accuracy/efficiency.
- Works closely with IT when implementing system related improvements, both departmental and company related (i.e. new POS rollout and JDA implementation).
- Special projects as requested by management
- Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- CPA designation prefrerred
- Altreyx and/or JDA experience a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with multiple departments
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Oracle GL and AR experience a plus
- Able to supervise others with varying degree of technical and business knowledge
- Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
- Able to identify, analyze, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years experience in accounting with progressive supervisory experience
- ReconNet software experience a plus
Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A